Saturday, September 15, 2012

Arrivederci

It's like waking up on Christmas morning. As our dear Aussie friend Ally would say, "No more sleeps." It's time to get this show on the road.

Well, not quite. Today is the day we leave but our flight isn't until about 5pm. There are still some things left to do like return borrowed CDs to the library, send out some cards to folks, finish packing, clean the house up a little and so on and so forth.

Last night I finally finished our master guide book. I took information from various places and compiled it all into one place and arranged it all based on our daily itineraries. Admittedly, this is much more for me than for Dan. I like to have a bunch of information readily available, whether I'll need it or not, so that my brain is free to let go of any worry and focus on the experience before me. Here are a couple of examples from the book:


My thought is that this book can also serve as a place to capture notes about places we ate or things we saw in the moment. There are some blank pages here and there throughout, including a bunch in the back. Information, information, information....that's what gives me piece of mind to then be able to let go and enjoy the moment.

Now I just have to make sure the book makes it into the backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment